Login  |  Register

Author Topic: learning the game  (Read 293 times)

nickaieta

• View Profile
learning the game
« on: January 08, 2017, 08:21:57 AM »
Mostly this message is for Matt Fullmer - Tom left me a bunch of rule books including Art de la Guerre so at some point, I would appreciate a practical lesson on the game!  :D

Michael

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: learning the game
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 01:06:23 PM »
I have played the game a few times, but Matt and Gary are definitely the go-to guys for ancients. I'm sure one, or both, of them will be along to help.
"A leader leads by example, not by force."

AvogadroTheMole

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 12:37:11 PM »
And now I am registered!

I would love to play/teach you Nick. It has been a very busy month or two but I have missed playing ADG (and pretty much everything else, too). Do you still go to the store on Wednesday nights? I am trying to arrange a date to play Muskets & Tomahawks with Mike L. (you are welcome to join, too!) on something like the 25th, but after that looks promising.

P.S. I have plenty of models to field a variety of armies so if you have a gravitation to a certain style I can probably produce something passable for it. Except biblical. Chariots never did it for me.

nickaieta

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 08:29:27 PM »
Thanks Matt - sorry for the delay on my part in replying.  I have been coaching a youth basketball team on Wednesday and Thursday nights so that runs through the end of February/early March.  Unfortunately, I'm only available every other weekend (in general) for Sundays so I've missed out on a lot of play this winter. Let's work it out soon!