Login  |  Register

Author Topic: What factions does everyone have?  (Read 865 times)

Captainecho

• View Profile
What factions does everyone have?
« on: December 31, 2016, 12:10:30 AM »
I'm almost done with a full 100pt. West German army. Anyone else have a full force?

bigchris

• View Profile
Re: What factions does everyone have?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 02:47:02 PM »
I have a 100 point Soviet Tank force, Scott McLaughlin has US Armour, and Pete Howard is also working on US Tanks.  But just to clarify, we play in 6mm using mostly GHQ mini's.
Look! We're not worried about the German army, we've got enough troubles of our own. To the right General Patton, to the left the British Army, to the rear our own goddamn artillery, and besides all that it's raining.

MongolKahn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 04:50:45 PM »
I have a full US force about 150pts

CptHoward

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 10:37:17 AM »
I have 100pts American in 6mm. I also have about 50 pts each American and Soviet in 15mm.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." -William Tecumseh Sherman

AvogadroTheMole

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 12:44:03 PM »
I probably have well over 100pts worth of Soviets (6mm). If I proxy my T-80s in for more T-72s I can probably hit 200. I have very little experience playing, though.

JenkkiMike

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 03:40:57 PM »
How much does a 100 point 6mm Team Yankee army cost approximately? I'd be interested to try the game out and I've been eyeing the "Iron Maiden" book. Nobody else is playing Brits?

bigchris

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 08:56:34 AM »
I think, most of the 6mm players buy from GHQ.  http://www.ghqmodels.com/store/modern-micro-armour-united-kingdom.html

you get 5 vehicles in a pack for 11.95, or about 50 infantry, or a single aircraft.  I paid a bit more because Soviet forces get more for less points, but for Brits, I'd think you would probably could get everything you need for around $100.00
Look! We're not worried about the German army, we've got enough troubles of our own. To the right General Patton, to the left the British Army, to the rear our own goddamn artillery, and besides all that it's raining.

AvogadroTheMole

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 02:20:23 PM »
1/300 has several manufacturers, too. Most are a bit less detailed (and obviously a little bit smaller) but cheaper than GHQ. One example is C&C minis (http://www.pfc-cinc.com/page/page/295095.htm). I find their tanks a little meh (and the tank barrels very droopy/bendy) but their support vehicles (recon, Missile cars, BMPs, Arty, Air, etc.) quite good. And I could buy them by 3s and not 5s like GHQ.

Scotia, Grendel, and Heroics & Ros are others that I know of but do not have any personal experience with.

JoeLaderoute

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 07:17:41 PM »
Jamie struck and I are diving into 6mm Team Yankee, he’s going Soviet while I’m investing in Marines!
To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers.

bigchris

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2018, 09:11:31 AM »
Jamie struck and I are diving into 6mm Team Yankee, I’m investing in Marines!

Great!  I'll get you some crayons.  Wouldn't want your little devil dogs to go hungry

samclaughlin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2018, 06:17:25 PM »
Jen Wanted to try it out so I sold my US Army to her and bought a mess of Soviets. Going to get some Marines soon too.

bigchris

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2018, 10:25:02 AM »
Jen Wanted to try it out so I sold my US Army to her and bought a mess of Soviets. Going to get some Marines soon too.

A mess of Soviets is about right.  Now you can enjoy my pain