Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Speed Dating Flames of War style  (Read 774 times)

winterwolf8601

• View Profile
Re: Speed Dating Flames of War style
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2017, 02:33:57 AM »
Ok so I know this is last minute but this just occurred to me. We have 6players plus Chris as ringer. We were intending originally to play 6rounds. This will create a slight problem. That being you'll have to play someone twice in 6 rounds(6 rounds, 5 possible opponents)

Assuming no one drops, or no one extra shows up I might suggest these two alternatives:

1) We play 7 rounds not 6, this will let chris play(everyone gets one buy), Everyone will play everyone(6 rounds, 6 opponents). This is my Preference as it'll let Chris Play and 600 pts is quick(I bet almost everyone is done more like 30-45mins). 7x 50min is roughly equal to 6x 60min rounds anyhow.

Since Everyone plays Everyone, rounds don't matter much at all. No need to worry over pairings(actually this is true no matter what). We could even play without formal rounds theoretically; You just wait until someone you haven't played is free.

2) We play only 5 rounds, Everyone plays everyone else, Chris is just TO and sits out. Pros: simple, we're done a bit faster. Con: Less games, Chris Doesn't get to play.

bigchris

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2017, 10:07:07 AM »
Thanks to all you guys for showing up on a snowy day yesterday.  I think this went very well and everybody had a great time.  Congrats to the winners:

Phil Messier, 1st Place
Zach Blume, 2nd Place
Mike Cunningham, 3rd place.

I this is a great format for a fun day of quick games (5 games in one day wow!)
Look! We're not worried about the German army, we've got enough troubles of our own. To the right General Patton, to the left the British Army, to the rear our own goddamn artillery, and besides all that it's raining.

Michael

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2017, 11:31:01 AM »
Thanks again, Chris, for running yet another fun tournament. I'm looking forward to our next one in April.
"A leader leads by example, not by force."