Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Re: A Change in Direction?  (Read 648 times)

JenkkiMike

• View Profile
Re: A Change in Direction?
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2017, 09:02:52 AM »
I understand the aesthetic appeal of 28mm for Bolt Action but I have personally decided to harmonize my gaming scale to 15mm for two reasons. 1) I only want to build and collect terrain in one scale for all games. 2) 15mm minis are cheaper and quicker to paint.

Last night I picked up a blister pack of German Pioneers for $17.50 which came with around 50 minis. That should be more than I'll ever need for Bolt Action. Too bad someone already picked the Russians clean at the Portal... If anybody has extra Soviet infantry in winter gear they want to unload I am interested!

bigchris

• View Profile
Re: A Change in Direction?
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2017, 01:06:36 PM »
It's not so much an ascetic choice as a practical one.  Since most BA tournaments use the 28mm scale format, it just makes things easier to have the appropriate models.  Normally I would agree with you, but in this case it's just prudent to have the correct models.  That's not to say I wouldn't play in that scale, I had some models I had been converting for a similar game called "Chain of Command" so I have some germans on individual bases in 15mm already.
Look! We're not worried about the German army, we've got enough troubles of our own. To the right General Patton, to the left the British Army, to the rear our own goddamn artillery, and besides all that it's raining.