Login  |  Register

Author Topic: April is V4 Intro month  (Read 275 times)

bigchris

• View Profile
April is V4 Intro month
« on: March 28, 2017, 08:39:36 AM »
Ok troops listen up,

April will be dedicated to getting us all to know Version 4 of Flames of War.  We will keep it simple and ony cover the 1515 points LW in the new format.  So grab your books and lets get training!
Look! We're not worried about the German army, we've got enough troubles of our own. To the right General Patton, to the left the British Army, to the rear our own goddamn artillery, and besides all that it's raining.

JenkkiMike

• View Profile
Re: April is V4 Intro month
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 09:41:33 AM »
I'm looking forward to getting back into FOW and coming to the CVG meet ups more regularly again. Is Sunday the usual day now? Does anybody still meet up and play flames on weeknights?

If the group ever does an Italian campaign again in the future, I have a whole village of freshly painted buildings we can use by the way.

bigchris

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 12:50:56 PM »
Some gather on Sundays, and some meetup during the week.
Look! We're not worried about the German army, we've got enough troubles of our own. To the right General Patton, to the left the British Army, to the rear our own goddamn artillery, and besides all that it's raining.

bigchris

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 01:56:26 PM »
Great seeing everyone this past Sunday.  V4 is definitely a learning curve.  Looking forward to try it again.

Michael

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 08:07:45 PM »
I'm hoping to be there this Sunday. Is anyone up for v4 early war?
"A leader leads by example, not by force."

bigchris

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 09:21:18 AM »
I'm still working on a list for EW, though I can't speak for anyone else.  Although I do wonder if the BAR might make a comeback with V4?

Zach

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 11:26:57 AM »
I'm a bit annoyed with early war since the only list I have run is a panzer company which requires a stuka. So with the new plane rules a stuka is not nearly as effective in an anti-tank role.
Well, it's like this. I was on a hill as a battery commander with six anti-tank guns and the Americans kept sending tanks down this road. Every time they sent a tank, we knocked it out. Finally, we ran out of ammunition and the Americans didn't run out of tanks. And that's it in a nutshell.

JenkkiMike

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 01:53:02 PM »
It was great to try out the new v4 rules and to play FOW in general after such a long time away. I've gone back and re-read the book and everything is making a lot more sense the second time around. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys again at the end of April.