Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Late War Panzergrenadiers List v4  (Read 699 times)

JenkkiMike

• View Profile
Late War Panzergrenadiers List v4
« on: March 29, 2017, 01:54:54 PM »
I would like opinions from you veterans about two variations on my Panzergrens in v4. Keep in mind that these lists were built with what I have available in my miniature collection so far. Which do you think would be better to try out my first v4 game?

List 1 - 90th Panzergrenadiers- CV- Fortress Italy 1515 pts

HQ
CinC & 2iC SMG Teams
Kubelwagen & Motorcycle with Sidecar

Combat
2 x Panzergrenadier Platoons w/ trucks(6 MG teams and command per platoon)

Weapons
Panzergrenadier Anti-tank Gun Platoon - 2 x pak40

Panzergrenadier Mortar Platoon - 4x 12cm mortars

Support

5x Panzer IV-H

4x Stugs

List 2- 26th Panzergrenadiers - CV- Fortress Italy 1515pts

HQ
CinC & 2iC SMG Teams
Kubelwagen & Motorcycle with Sidecar
Panzerschreck team with truck

Combat
2 x Panzergrenadier Platoons w/ trucks(6 MG teams and command per platoon)

Weapons

Panzergrenadier Anti-tank Gun Platoon - 2 x pak40

Panzergrenadier Mortar Platoon - 4x 12cm mortars

Panzergrenadier Infantry Gun Platoon - 2x sig33

Support

1 x Tiger 1E

5x Panzer IV-H

Zach

• View Profile
Re: Late War Panzergrenadiers List v4
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 05:09:42 PM »
I would go with the one with the two tank platoons as a single tank platoon would break very easily.
I would also maybe drop one panzer 4 for an additional pak 40 or two and add panzer fausts to your command teams if not already. I can bring a pak 40 stand for you to use if you don't have 3 or 4.
Well, it's like this. I was on a hill as a battery commander with six anti-tank guns and the Americans kept sending tanks down this road. Every time they sent a tank, we knocked it out. Finally, we ran out of ammunition and the Americans didn't run out of tanks. And that's it in a nutshell.

JoeLaderoute

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 08:35:17 PM »
Zach is spot on, I'd even go further and suggest making that Pz4s Platoon into some panthers.
To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers.

winterwolf8601

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 03:11:41 PM »
Single tank plts are ok. It's the 2 tank platoons that suck. You still get to remount first if you are bailed, and a tiger should be a 2+ remount so not a big deal. Lots of 1 Tiger platoons is probably the best for Tigers now. Also increases the chance for overkill shooting.

With the first list maybe try to make it a 90th PzDiv PzGren, and a 26th Pz Panzer company as otherwise losing both the small infantry platoons will break you.

Zach

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 11:49:19 AM »
Do Tigers get a 2+ remount in late war too or was that just mid war thing?
Well, it's like this. I was on a hill as a battery commander with six anti-tank guns and the Americans kept sending tanks down this road. Every time they sent a tank, we knocked it out. Finally, we ran out of ammunition and the Americans didn't run out of tanks. And that's it in a nutshell.

bigchris

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 01:55:12 PM »
Thats the new Tiger Ace rule.
Look! We're not worried about the German army, we've got enough troubles of our own. To the right General Patton, to the left the British Army, to the rear our own goddamn artillery, and besides all that it's raining.

Zach

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 03:03:25 PM »
well in that case a tiger wouldn't be bad, it would help against things with FA of 7,8,or 9 that a 7.5 cm has less effectivness killing at range but you forfit a lot of rof.

Michael

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 08:10:20 PM »
I will definitely be using a Tiger in in mid war, but in my view they are too fragile in late war. A Konigstiger, on the other hand, might make a good platoon with the proper support.
"A leader leads by example, not by force."