Login  |  Register

Author Topic: German Lists for V4  (Read 460 times)

bigchris

• View Profile
German Lists for V4
« on: April 27, 2017, 10:56:11 AM »
I have been working on a couple of lists for V4 Germans.  Mike has kindly helped me tweak one of them, and based on that input I made a similar list from another sourcebook.

List 1:
Panzer Kompanie, GreyWolf
Confident Veteran
Core Units
Panzerkompanie HQ: 2x StuG G

Panzer Platoon: 4x StuG G

Panzer Platoon: 3x Panther G

Support Units
Gepanzerte Aufklarungs Platoon:
1x CMD smg/panzerfaust team
6x MG team
1x Sdkfz 250/10 (3.7cm)
3x Sdkfz 250

Rocket Launcher Battery: 2x 15cm NW41

Anti-Aircraft Platoon: 2x Sdkfz 10/5 (2cm) (armoured)

1515 points on the nose.

List 2:
Hermann Goring Stug Batterie
Hermann Goring Divisions on the Eastern Front
Herman Goring Units pass Last Stand rolls on 3+
Core Units
HG StuG Batterie HQ" 1x StuG G (late)

HG StuG Platoon: 3x StuG G (late)
HG StuG Platoon: 3x StuG G (late)
Warrior: Major Hans Sandrock in StuG G (late)

Support Units:
HG Panther Platoon: 3x Panther G
Hermann Goring Rocket Launcher Battery: 2x 15cm NW41

1510 points.

The first list, I think is a bit more flexible in options, but the 3+ last stand for HG and Major Sandrock may make the other list an attractive option.

What do you guys think?
Look! We're not worried about the German army, we've got enough troubles of our own. To the right General Patton, to the left the British Army, to the rear our own goddamn artillery, and besides all that it's raining.

Zach

• View Profile
Re: German Lists for V4
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 04:19:54 PM »
I'm not sure panthers are the best choice for 1515 points but if you do want to use them I would go for the HG list but drop sandrock. I know he's very helpful and annoying to play against but he's very expensive and if you take panthers, that doesn't leave much for the rest of your army. I don't really know how much he's worth but I would try to get 9 stugs instead of 8 plus another neb to not have to re-roll hits.
Well, it's like this. I was on a hill as a battery commander with six anti-tank guns and the Americans kept sending tanks down this road. Every time they sent a tank, we knocked it out. Finally, we ran out of ammunition and the Americans didn't run out of tanks. And that's it in a nutshell.

bigchris

• View Profile
Re: German Lists for V4
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 05:11:16 PM »
The panthers are for dealing with other big cats, Soviet heavies and Tanks like Pershings and Jumbos.  Sandrock, I think, still can have a part to play.  Especially giving a platoon he stays near the scout ability.  The StuG's are almost the same cost.  Sandrock is just adding flanking shots, scouting, and sniping.
Look! We're not worried about the German army, we've got enough troubles of our own. To the right General Patton, to the left the British Army, to the rear our own goddamn artillery, and besides all that it's raining.