Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Bolt Action playtesting  (Read 197 times)

bigchris

• View Profile
Bolt Action playtesting
« on: July 10, 2017, 09:36:49 AM »
So, As others have suggested, and with a bit of reading online last night.  Perhaps the idea of trying out Bolt Action using existing 15mm figures first, to see if this is going to be worth investing in, might be the way to go.  Simply take the figures and attach them to washers or pennies individually, and it should work just fine.
Look! We're not worried about the German army, we've got enough troubles of our own. To the right General Patton, to the left the British Army, to the rear our own goddamn artillery, and besides all that it's raining.

JenkkiMike

• View Profile
Re: Bolt Action playtesting
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 11:04:42 AM »
That is my plan, Chris. I bought a blister pack of German Pioneers from the discount bin at the Portal a while back for just this purpose. I am currently doing the exact same thing for Saga as well. I'm working on 4 points of Angle-Danes and Vikings respectively and plan on basing them on pennies. Once I started getting into Flames of War and building terrain in 15mm, I decided to just go all in with that scale and adapt all my games to it. The thought of painting 28mm minis or making 28mm terrain is so unappealing to me now.

Do you have any spare 15mm ww2 infantry for Bolt Action?

bigchris

• View Profile
Re: Bolt Action playtesting
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 11:12:22 AM »
I have German Panzergrens I based individually for Chain of Command, I could also put together a platoon of US Marines.  Might be able to do Brits as well.
Look! We're not worried about the German army, we've got enough troubles of our own. To the right General Patton, to the left the British Army, to the rear our own goddamn artillery, and besides all that it's raining.